Research indicates that more than 80% of people have considered seeking psychological support, but only 12% have actually visited a psychologist or similar.
"Visiting a psychologist is to your brain what the gym is to your body"
Most of our clients do not have a specific mental health diagnosis, but are seeking support to lead a calmer, more fulfilling life.
Beyond people who regularly visit counsellors, many of our clients are people who have decided that conventional therapy, sitting face-to-face with someone in an unfamiliar office, is not for them, for a number of reasons.
They come to us because it is different. They are intrigued by the idea of walking while they talk – and feel that is more fun, and less constrictive and intimidating than meeting a new person in a strange room.
Walking and talking is a great way to unload, to develop new perspectives and strategies and to start feeling better.
Why come to Walk the Bear?
- To express yourself and BE HEARD.
- To maintain or improve psychological well-being
- To get help in reacting and adapting to sudden or long-term stress or adversity
- To get help to cope with crisis or other unexpected life event
- For specialist support in changing addictive or otherwise problematic behaviours, such as smoking, internet and alcohol use.
- Improving symptoms of light depression and anxiety
- To get support in caring for friends or family in crisis or with long-term conditions
See next - Businesses and Organizations